April 21, 2013

Recipe: Chocolate Goji Berry Bliss Balls



It is a rainy Sunday afternoon, and I thought I would make something to keep in the fridge for the week when I need a pick-me-up.  These bliss balls are super easy, and have a great balance of hearty, sweet and chocolate.  I like using dried apricots as I don't find them as sweet as dates.  If you use dates, omit the agave syrup.



Chocolate Goji Berry Bliss Balls
Makes 12

3/4 c dried apricots
1/2 c hemp hearts
1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 c rolled oats
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut + 1/4 c for rolling
1 tsp agave syrup 
1/4 c puffed brown rice
3 tbsp goji berries
1 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt

In a food processor, combine apricots and hemp hearts.  Process until they form a paste.  Add apple slices, rolled oats, coconut and agave and process for 1-2 minutes until well combined.  Add puffed rice, goji berries, cocoa powder and salt and pulse on and off until combined.

Roll into heaping tablespoon-sized balls between your palms.  Pour 1/4 c coconut on a shallow dish and roll bliss balls in shredded coconut to coat.  Store in air-tight container in refrigerator.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings I am so happy I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Google for something else, Regardless I
    am here now and would just like to say cheers for a marvelous
    post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time
    to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added
    your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep
    up the great jo.

    Review my homepage ... Goji Berry Review

    ReplyDelete