December 01, 2012

Recipe:Smooth, Silky and Simple Hummus

I love hummus.  It just hits the spot when you need a snack.  It is also great in wraps, in sandwiches and on bagels.  This is my hummus recipe with a secret ingredient: apple cider vinegar.  It gives the hummus that zing that you might feel is missing if you have tried to make hummus before.  This is a simple recipe - throw everything into the food processor, blend for a minute or two, and, voila, its ready to eat.


Add all ingredients to the food processor.  I use canned chickpeas because its easy.  But you could prepare some dried ones if you like.  Use high quality tahini.  It really makes a difference.



Puree for 1-2 minutes until the hummus has a smooth, creamy consistency, scraping down sides of processor if necessary.



Transfer to a bowl and serve! I put the remainder in a sealed container and it lasts for a week or so in the fridge.




Smooth, Silky and Simple Hummus

1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed thoroughly
1/4 tahini
1/4 c water
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt

Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and silky.  Lasts up to a week in a sealed container in the fridge.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE hummus but hate the store bought stuff. Everytime I buy hummus from the supermarket, it tastes like crap and I just throw it out. Thanks for sharing this recipe - I should try it over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete